- What is Mobile World Congress (MWC Barcelona)?
- When does MWC take place?
- Where does MWC take place?
- How can I exhibit at MWC?
- Is there a government program for Canadian companies attending?
- What hotel should I stay at?
- What are my transportation options?
- How do I get a pass to attend MWC?
- Where can I pick up my pass?
- Where can I find profiles of the Canadian companies attending MWC?
- Do I need to register at www.canadamwc.com?
- Where is the Canada Pavilion and where are the Meeting Rooms?
- How do I book a Meeting Room?
- Can international companies request meetings with me online?
- Will the Canada@MWC website showcase my Press Releases?
- How can I stay up to date on the program for MWC?
- What other events are being organized for the Canadian delegation at MWC?
- Where is the H10 Art Gallery?
- Where can I find country-specific travel information?
What is Mobile World Congress (MWC Barcelona)?
- Mobile World Congress (MWC Barcelona) is the world’s largest wireless telecommunication trade show, which combines a mobile industry exhibition with a congress featuring leading international mobile operators, vendors and content developers, and attracts numerous high-level executives and industry leaders. MWC thus gives Canadian tech companies an excellent opportunity to connect with industry leaders from around the world. Essentially, it’s the place to be if you’re in ICT.
- For more details on MWC itself, please refer to the event’s website.
When does MWC take place?
- MWC takes place from Monday, February 25, 2019 until Thursday, February 28, 2019.
- However, the Government of Canada program starts on Sunday, February 24 at 4pm with the Global Export Café, followed by a reception in the evening.
- With this in mind, we recommend that you organize your travels accordingly.
Where does MWC take place?
- Mobile World Congress takes place every year in Barcelona, Spain at Fira Gran Via.
- Fira Gran Via: Av. Joan Carles I, 64 L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona
- Selected events, such as 4YFN, will take place at a different venue in Fira Montjuïc.
How can I exhibit at MWC?
- For information on how to exhibit at Mobile World Congress we ask that you contact MWC@international.gc.ca.
Is there a government program for Canadian companies attending?
- Yes, with a significant annual participation of over 120 Canadian companies, Global Affairs Canada (GAC), Tech West and the National Research Council-Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP) are once again coordinating a dynamic Canadian presence at MWC.
- The federal government is supporting Canadian participants whether they are planning to visit or to exhibit at MWC. There will be a Canadian pavilion, meeting rooms for company use, and a networking and B2B program. For additional information, please contact MWC@international.gc.ca or refer to the Trade Commissioner Service website.
What hotel should I stay at?
- Hotels fill up quickly in Barcelona during MWC and room rates are higher than normal. The Government of Canada does not have a block of rooms, so it is incumbent on attendees to arrange their own accommodations. The MWC website has more information on booking accommodations and there are numerous websites and apps available that can assist you in finding the right accommodation.
What are my transportation options?
- Don’t forget to ask for your free transport pass when picking up your MWC passes to get unlimited access to the Metro and FGC Train during event days. The free pass also covers the supplemental fare to the airport. One Free Public Transport Pass is provided per attendee. In the event of loss or damage, replacements will not be provided.
- Taxis from Barcelona Airport take approximately 20-25 minutes to travel into the city center from T2 and 25-30 minutes from T1. The typical price is around €30.00 from T2 and €35.00 from T1.
- Please see the Metro Map and Regional Train Map for the city of Barcelona.
How do I get a pass to attend MWC?
- Further information on passes will be made available soon. In the meantime, please direct your questions to MWC@international.gc.ca
Where can I pick up my pass?
- To pick up your pass, you first need to complete your registration online with GSMA before arriving in Barcelona. To avoid the long lineups on Monday at the exhibition, we strongly encourage you to pick up your pass at any of the three following locations upon arrival: Barcelona airport, Sants train station (Plaça del Països Catalans), or the downtown intersection of Gran Via and Passeig de Gràcia.
Where can I find profiles of the Canadian companies attending MWC?
- All profiles for Canadian companies attending MWC are available here.
Do I need to register at www.canadamwc.com?
- Yes, you must register at www.canadamwc.com. We ask that you register online so that the Trade Commissioner Service and potential clients/partners can better understand your offerings. Registration is a prerequisite to participate in the B2B program and in other activities.
- If you have already submitted a company profile for last year’s event, and plan on attending again this year, you can simply log into your account online and update your company’s information if necessary.
- If you are a company based in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba or Saskatchewan and have not registered with Tech West, we recommend that you do so here.
- If you participated at MWC 2018 (submitted a company profile on www.canadamwc.com/2018) you will have access to your existing company profile. If you forgot your password, please enter your email address and you will receive an email to reset your password.
- You will have to register this year using the same email address that you used in order to have access to your company profile.
- If you do not have access to the same email account, you can still register with a new email. Once you have registered, you can request access to your 2018 profile from the dashboard using your new username/email.
- For any further questions, please contact the Canada MWC team (MWC@international.gc.ca) or Tech West (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Where is the Canada Pavilion and where are the Meeting Rooms?
- The Canada pavilion (7J38 and 7I51) is located in Hall 7 in Fira Gran Via. Refer to the show floor map below.
- Please ensure that you leave enough time to get to your meetings as the showroom is large and it can take a while to get to your destination. From the North Entrance it takes about 6 minutes to get to the pavilion in Hall 7, while from the South Entrance it should take around 15 minutes.
- The Government of Canada Meeting Room (7O71MR) will be reserved for scheduled B2B meetings organized by the Trade Commissioner Service. For any questions related to the B2B program, please contact Eric Dionne (Eric.Dionne@international.gc.ca).
How do I book a Meeting Room?
- Meeting rooms will be available from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm from Monday to Wednesday and from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on Thursday. Canadian companies can book meeting rooms in advance of the show on a first-come, first-served basis. Each company is allowed to book up to six (6) half-hour time slots (3 hours total).
- There will be three meeting rooms available at the Canada pavilion (7I51): Meeting room 1, Meeting room 2, and Meeting room 3.
- Meeting Rooms can be booked through your Dashboard by logging onto your account here. Every time you make a reservation, you must indicate the name of the company that you are meeting with (this information will not be made public). Your bookings may also be cancelled through your Dashboard.
- Following your meeting room booking, you should have received a confirmation e-mail indicating your meeting room number, date and time. If you did not receive a confirmation e-mail, please be sure to contact us at MWC@international.gc.ca.
Can international companies request meetings with me online?
- Yes, every company profile will have a “request meeting” button so that interested buyers/partners can request meetings directly with Canadian companies. You will be informed via email should other companies request to meet with you.
Will the Canada@MWC website showcase my Press Releases?
- Yes, in the lead-up to the show we will be uploading any press releases or other media items onto the Canada@MWC website here. Please send these our way at MWC@international.gc.ca.
How can I stay up to date on the Government of Canada program for MWC?
- The Trade Commissioner Service in Madrid will be sending out regular MWC newsletters beginning in January. You should also regularly check-in with us online and follow @CanadaMWC on Twitter.
- When tweeting about MWC, you can use the hastag: #CanadaMWC.
What other events is the Government of Canada organizing at MWC?
- On Sunday afternoon there will be an Export Café event where Canadian companies will be able to meet with Trade Commissioners and international contacts. The café will be followed by a Networking Reception in the evening. Both events will be held at H10 Art Gallery in Barcelona.
- There will also be an Informal Networking Event at the Canadian pavilion (7J38 and 7I51) from Monday, February 25 until Wednesday, February 27, in the afternoon.
- Registration for these events and additional details will be made available here soon.
Where is the H10 Art Gallery?
- The H10 Art Gallery is located at Carrer Enric Granados, 62-64, Barcelona.
Where can I find country-specific travel information?
- Please refer to travel.gc.ca where you will be able to find information on safety and security, local laws, entry requirements, health conditions and other travel information.